CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

About Me

I have a very strange view on politics. I was raised in an entire family of devout Republicans, not just straight-ticket voters, but I'm talking right-wing fanatics! (I even have some good ol' Texas Republican politicians in my family - a certain notorious recent White House press secretary and his mother...) Myself, I'm a big believer in the concept that your personality traits as well your life ideologies are heavily genetic-based. You see, I'm adopted and share hardly a single common belief with almost anyone in my family about pretty much anything. Someone ought to do a study on that one day... Why am I taking this class? Well, to be honest, because it's part of my core curriculum and I don't have a choice. However, I do find Texas history and politics very interesting, and from my experience, most Texans don't know much about either! I would prefer to know truths rather than believe all the rumors - hence the somewhat sarcastic title to this blog.

Friday, May 15, 2009

My Fetus And Me - A Pictorial

I am still hung up on this bizarre bill trying to pass on requiring women to listen to the heartbeat of their fetus and view it on the sonogram before they have the abortion. For anyone who has seen the movie "A Clockwork Orange", it brings to mind the part in which Alex goes through aversion therapy with his eyelids forced apart with metal hook-like instruments to force him to watch the violence and gore. This would probably be totally acceptable in the eyes of most of our Republican politicians, especially here in Texas. (unless, of course, heaven forbid one of their daughters was to turn up knocked-up!) In this post, my colleague does a good job in making his point and backs up his point with fair, albeit pointed argument and question. I personally happen to also agree with him 100%, just in case you couldn't tell from the above rantings.........

This class will be remembered as one of the most fun and best classes I have taken in a college career that has spanned (gulp!) 16 years. Thanks again for everything and I sincerely wish you the best.

0 comments: